No announcement yet.

Wimbledon Championships 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinner is on fire with his effortless power off both sides. Alcaraz just has to hope he cools off. Sinner totally just outfitting him.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorhl View Post
      Any comments on how Nick can set up and pound his forehand on occasion with virtually no knee bend in either leg and maintaining some contact on the ground with foot pivot?.
      Pretty amazing how he does that. By the end of the fourth set, and in the tiebreak especially, he was playing at Big 3 level in what was the match of the tournament so far. The boy can really play, no question. Shame he's demented.
      Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
        Sinner is on fire with his effortless power off both sides. Alcaraz just has to hope he cools off. Sinner totally just outfitting him.
        I have just joined the match. Sinner is certainly hitting very cleanly so far.
        Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post

Pretty amazing how he does that. By the end of the fourth set, and in the tiebreak especially, he was playing at Big 3 level in what was the match of the tournament so far. The boy can really play, no question. Shame he's demented.
          He simply should no longer be in the tournament. That umpire certainly should not be in the chair for the rest of the tournament. He simply let it all happen. He just did not do his job at even a minimal level of competency. Tennis has enabled Nick, and it has harmed the sport. No one person can ruin it, but this situation is so preventable. It probably has bad implications for some junior tennis and how they behave.

Comment

Well Alcaraz cannot hit through Sinner so I wonder what the next game plan is. Sinner has the match in his back pocket so far. Hitting so hard and consistently off both wings.
            Stotty

Comment

Well Alcaraz cannot hit through Sinner so I wonder what the next game plan is. Sinner has the match in his back pocket so far. Hitting so hard and consistently off both wings.
              He certainly is, with seemingly such ease. Like Fed, not a peep, just relentless pressure. He is returning serve like Novak. I don't think I have ever seen him return as well. He has always had the ball striking, but his errors are not coming much today.

Comment

Yep, the kick serves to Sinner's backhand are having zero effect. Sinner is gobbling them up. As you say, very much like Novak...hitting deep down the middle at the servers feet. Alcaraz is going to need some inspiration if he can just get matters to 4-4 or 5-5 or a tiebreak.
                Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                  Super human fast twitch.
                  Yup. Nick has another shot I've seen a couple of times by him and no-one else.

Way back in the forehand corner, moving diagonally away, leaps and just slaps the ball backwards. Completely flat swing and shot.

In Acapulco, Rafa clunked the volley, holding the racket with two hands against the pace, even though that passing shot was coming from way behind the logo. It so unnerved Rafa he complained in the presser that it was "dangerous. Could have hit someone in the stands."

Hit a version at Indian Wells, again from behind the logo, that went out when Rafa barely had time to duck at the net.

Core? Forearm? No shoulder muscles hitting semi-backwards.

Comment

Great stuff from Alcaraz...always pays to hang in...something always turns up.

2 sets to 1...Sinner
                    Stotty

Comment

It was a pleasure to watch such fine players and sportsmen as Jannick and Carlos. Jannick has the game, the firepower, to trouble Novak(heavy favorite over Van obviously).

Comment

Rijthoven has a bazooka of a serve...definitely the fast twitch variety.
                        Stotty

Comment

Rijthoven has a bazooka of a serve...definitely the fast twitch variety.
                          Van is a very strong build, an athletic 6'2"+, close to 200 pounds, with no doubt a fast twice serve, hitting it at pretty close to the apex of the toss with menace. His forehand is top shelf, with a very nice 1 handed backhand, particularly the slice. Once again to me, just shows the very small margains between winning and losing, and the massive depth in men's tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

Van is a very strong build, an athletic 6'2"+, close to 200 pounds, with no doubt a fast twice serve, hitting it at pretty close to the apex of the toss with menace. His forehand is top shelf, with a very nice 1 handed backhand, particularly the slice. Once again to me, just shows the very small margains between winning and losing, and the massive depth in men's tennis.
                            He's incredibly dangerous. A little loose at times, though, and Novak will be banking on that looseness to sneak through. Yes...a great sliced backhand and plenty of time on the ball. But what a serve!
                            Stotty

Comment

Novak just got a break with 2 unchallenged bad calls for Van, both confirmed bad calls. Small margains, too much too overcome.

Comment

It's funny because Novak sensed the threat straight out of the blocks and has been mega focused throughout. He's kind of playing really well and locking down at the same time. I can't believe some of the returns he's put together off humungous serves. Novak will desperately want to put this match to bed because there is an 11pm curfew at Wimbledon.
                                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8457 users online. 3 members and 8454 guests.

Most users ever online was 139,261 at 09:55 PM on 08-18-2024.

Working...
                                X