The Pinpoint Serve Part 5: The Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pinpoint Serve Part 5: The Cylinder

Let's discuss Pat Dougherty's latest article, "The Pinpoint Serve Part 5: The Cylinder"

John: Thanks to you and Pat for this informative serve series. This series is one of the best presentations of a complex motor movement that I have ever seen. Somehow Pat distilled all the moving parts with carefully selected verbal explanations undergirded by simple, but relevant visuals in five short videos. I suppose the quality is linked to his almost four decades of observational and instructional experience in how to compress volumes of complex service information and simplify and demonstrate it's application while considering individual styles. In addition to its value for upcoming juniors, this information is also a gold mine for older folks stuck with old school serves and who want to make a change without having to wade through much of current tennis instructional fluff.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorhl View Post
      John: Thanks to you and Pat for this informative serve series. This series is one of the best presentations of a complex motor movement that I have ever seen. Somehow Pat distilled all the moving parts with carefully selected verbal explanations undergirded by simple, but relevant visuals in five short videos. I suppose the quality is linked to his almost four decades of observational and instructional experience in how to compress volumes of complex service information and simplify and demonstrate it's application while considering individual styles. In addition to its value for upcoming juniors, this information is also a gold mine for older folks stuck with old school serves and who want to make a change without having to wade through much of current tennis instructional fluff.
      I certainly agree with that assessment. I bought his Serve MPH CD years ago, and still have it. It is the best one I have ever seen. Pat actually said on it to stay tuned for his next one, "Serve RPM's", but that one never came out I do not think.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, I never produced RPM due to
        contractual issues over rights ownership with IMG. Simply
        put, it would become theirs not mine. I do have a lot of good content on
        www.youtube.com/servedoc which touches on those topics though so check
        that out.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 5743 users online. 4 members and 5739 guests.

Most users ever online was 139,261 at 09:55 PM on 08-18-2024.

Working...
        X