Brian Gordon and the 3D Markerless Revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Gordon and the 3D Markerless Revolution

Let's discuss Sean S. O'Neil's article, "Brian Gordon and the 3D Markerless Revolution"

Brian was super gracious with his time and his enthusiasm for his work is infectious. I'm still blown away by his graphic that's in the article, he used a sample student but the amount of information available is staggering. Brian is changing the tennis teaching industry and very thankful he shared it with me.

Sean

Comment

Sean - thanks for visiting in my little corner of the tennis world and especially for the effort in writing this article. Your (and many others on TP) open mind and dedication to deeper understanding of the sport are a reason I do what I do - and to try to build a few great strokes along the way.
      Last edited by BrianGordon; 07-02-2024, 01:51 AM.

Comment

I Hope we will have a 3d Shot archieve in the Future.
        kind regards
        Gerd

Comment

Gerd -

At this point in time, 3D in the archives is a long distance away. Said player would have to be physically on Brian's court to get the data. Brian literally has 1 of like 3 units in the world.

Sean
          Last edited by seano; 07-02-2024, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Dear Sean,

i get that. But i thought at least about an reference Archiev with Brians Players.

kind regards

gerd

Comment

Gerd,
              Sure we will hear more from Brian as his research progresses.
              John

Comment

Hi gerd...

To be clear if anyone is interested: The article text references a video that displays the automatic anatomical tracking (in real time) of the capture system - pretty amazing really so I'm linking it here if the forum software lets me.

The graphic included in Sean's article (not discussed in the text) is the capture "report" that I give to players/coaches after the session - I assumed it would shown as an addendum. It is produced post hoc by my software (ie it is based on but separate from the Simi system output I use on court). This is a development version with the intent of providing a portion (small but important portion) of the stroke data (to the player/coach for optional intervention) visually without getting into the weeds of graphs and other mind numbing information. As such, improvement suggestions would be welcome.

Soon I will add additional stroke repetitions (2-3) for each stroke and center of mass (the yellow sphere located near the belly button in the included graphic) velocity to assess movement between said repetitions. It will also have the ball and related velocity graphics.

I will be happy to make interesting examples available to JY's readership if he wants to post them. As the database becomes more robust (to the point of models) I will likely have much more to say. Thanks for your interest.
                Last edited by BrianGordon; 07-06-2024, 04:52 PM.

Comment

BTW - For those playing with the graphic - the right mouse button + drag will rotate the image; Both mouse buttons + drag (or mouse fly wheel) will zoom the image; left mouse button + shift + drag will translate the image. Translation is not available on mobile devices. Cheers
                  Last edited by BrianGordon; 07-06-2024, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I want to post them!

Comment

Thank you all so much for your replies. I had such a blast with all that Biomechanics Stuff on TP!
                      KR
                      gerd

Comment

Sounds very interesting. Tried to view the 3D video but it doesn't show. Below the slider it states; Path Tracker Options (Slider Disabled). Tks for your help. Jim

Comment

Will look into!

Comment

Originally posted by jcoyne5355 View Post
                            Sounds very interesting. Tried to view the 3D video but it doesn't show. Below the slider it states; Path Tracker Options (Slider Disabled). Tks for your help. Jim
                            Do you see the “Play Forward” button? Just click that button.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8269 users online. 6 members and 8263 guests.

Most users ever online was 139,261 at 09:55 PM on 08-18-2024.

Working...
                            X