The Last 6 Pinpoint Serve Checkpoints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last 6 Pinpoint Serve Checkpoints

Lett's discuss Pat Dougherty's article, "The Last 6 Pinpoint Serve Checkpoints"
    Last edited by johnyandell; 06-30-2024, 07:43 PM.

Pat in part 3 of his video, showed a way to hold the grip on the serve where racket is more aligned to the place where you would normal get calluses (opposite side of the knuckles). This has really helped!!!!! I normally had my continental grip more along the palm. Pat was mentioning this will allow for more pronation, as having the handle along the palm can impede pronation a bit. I have found much more pop and consistency, and am now trying to hold my racket similar to this on all my shots. It seems to give really give good contact on volleys and slice backhand. It seems to really clean up my forehand volley.

Not sure if anyone has seen similar results, or know if this is how most players hold their racket. I can still hold it with semi-western or even full western, but just aligning it above the palm is making the contact much cleaner.
    Last edited by ; 07-17-2024, 01:50 PM.

Comment

not sure also if in the video it could be a little clearer of how the grip should look, with a zoomed in image of the hand. I kind of guessed what he was saying.

Comment

I loved this series! Thank you Tennisplayer

Comment

More to come! I will ask Pat to ddress the comments/questions.

Comment

Yes the correct version of the Continental grip is vital to the action of the racquet into contact....Always what I focus on first working with a student and it will determine many downstream aspects in the motion

Comment

patdougherty do you think the grip you suggested could be used for volleys and backhand and forehand slice? Or are you suggesting that only for the serve? It seems my backhand slice is way better, but haven't done live hitting with that grip yet. But seems much cleaner.

Comment

Correct Continental grip works great for all serves, volleys overheads and Slice/chips

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8119 users online. 6 members and 8113 guests.

Most users ever online was 139,261 at 09:55 PM on 08-18-2024.

Working...
                X