No announcement yet.

Wimbledon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't look now, but Alex De Minaur may be as skinny as a Number 10 Ticonderoga, but he just won in three (3) tiebreaks over Duckworth hitting 16 ACES.

Demon has been getting more pop this year -- 131 MAX/ 119 Ave today -- on his serve, and as Craig O'Shannessy has outlined in depth on his forehand.

Comment

Craig O'Shannessy of BrainGameTennis ​just said called Perricard's shot -- One of the best serves our sport has ever seen.

Comment

Since Perricard is getting some interest, I looked for a service video. This is only practice but it's recent. 1:49 min

Comment

Here are game highlights with Perricard vs Musetti from 3 weeks ago at Stuttgart 4:46 min.

Here's a link queued up to some actual serves by him at 2:03

Comment

I haven't seen a single ball struck yet as I am on holiday in Menorca in a remote place with limited WiFi. I decided to check out form the world for a week. I shall be back for when the everything hits the fan in the second week.

I see from my Flashscore that Sinner is leading Berrettini by 2 sets to 1. That's a tough draw for both players. It would be good to see Berrettini get his mojo back.
            Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
              I haven't seen a single ball struck yet as I am on holiday in Menorca in a remote place with limited WiFi. I decided to check out form the world for a week. I shall be back for when the everything hits the fan in the second week.

I see from my Flashscore that Sinner is leading Berrettini by 2 sets to 1. That's a tough draw for both players. It would be good to see Berrettini get his mojo back.
              I'm insanely jealous. Enjoy your Mediterranean holiday, stotty.

Matteo accounted himself well, pushing Jannik to a fourth set and some tiebreakers by hitting a passel of aces and coming to the net. Considering his last 3? years, is it, he did darn well.

Comment

I never thought I'd be typing this; A blond Fabio Fognini beat Casper Ruud at Wimbledon 2024.

Then again, Casper was once a blond! ( Orange Bowl, check it out). In fairness, Ruud barely practiced since he was ill at Roland Garros. Took weeks to diagnose as a parasite.

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post
                  I never thought I'd be typing this; A blond Fabio Fognini beat Casper Ruud at Wimbledon 2024.

Then again, Casper was once a blond! ( Orange Bowl, check it out). In fairness, Ruud barely practiced since he was ill at Roland Garros. Took weeks to diagnose as a parasite.
                  Fognini really played well. He hits such a big clean ball off both sides, and of course has great hands. Fognini is certainly on the list of best players never to win a Major, more talented, better technique, than just about any player out there. Hurcatz is down 2 sets to young Arthur Fils. This would probably be the biggest win of his career thud far if he can finish the job.
                  Last edited by stroke; 07-04-2024, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Hubie injures his knee in 4th set tiebreaker and resigns. Fils moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                      Hubie injures his knee in 4th set tiebreaker and resigns. Fils moves on.
                      Though one for Hubi. That really opens up Djokovic's quarter. Only top 20 players left are Holger Rune, who has beaten Djoko twice but has been playing badly all year, and Alex de Minaur, who has also beaten Djoko, but hasn't had much success on grass.

Comment

Huge win for Ben Shelton out in the hinterland of court 18, defeating Harris 6-4 6-7(5) 7-6(7) 3-6 6-7(7)
                        ​over 3 hours and 49 minutes. Shelton won 77% of points at the net, 81% of his first service points, and hitting an impressive 68 winners.​
                        Despite all the winners by both players they only got 1 solitary break apiece.

Hold on for this stat: Ben came to the net 98 times winning 75 points there !

Ben needs to get by Shapovalov to meet Jannik Sinner in one of the quarterfinals! That's a potential pop corn match.
                        Last edited by jimlosaltos; 07-04-2024, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Another comeback from two sets down, is Girgor Dimitrov battled to a 5-7, 6-7, 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 victory over Jerry Shang.
                          Dimitrov having 19 aces isn't that surprising but Shang having 18 sure is.

In the Golden Oldies Bowl, La Monf 7-6, 6-4, 7-6 over Stan the Man.

Comment

Tsitsipas down 2 sets to Ruusuvouri, and he looks out of sorts out there. Hard to see him finding his way all the way back in this one.

Comment

Tsitsipas out with a very subdued performance. His dad was practically silent during the match. I did not think that was possible.

Comment

Gio Perricard was "held" to only 27 aces in his straight set win over Nisioka.

Won 89% of first serve points and wasn't broken although he did face a pair of BPs.

In only 3 sets Gio hit 50 winners. Since Gio won 83 points that means he got over 60% of his points on winners, which is about DOUBLE the ATP average.​

And, yet agin, AELTC provides zero speed / serve stats from this court in the hinterland.

Cross-posting with Gio thread.
                                Last edited by jimlosaltos; 07-04-2024, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7813 users online. 7 members and 7806 guests.

Most users ever online was 139,261 at 09:55 PM on 08-18-2024.

Working...
                                X