Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive Forum June 2024: Jiri Lehecka Serve

Jiri Lehecka Serve

Jiri Lehecka is currently in the top 25 and made it to the 4th round of the Australian Open. Check out his explosive serve. Since we are looking closely at the pinpoint stance in Pat Dougherty’s series, what do you think of Jiri’s?

I’ve also started a couple of examples at the full racket drop so we can see the incredible curve of his body when he startup to the ball—just like Pat advocates.

​​​

Love his ISR and how quickly he reaches it's completion. Reminds me of how quickly both Federer and Sampras reached a full 180 degrees of ISR.

Sean

Comment

Great serve. He starts moving his back foot before he releases the ball on his toss. Its a rushed pinpoint with a high toss which doesn't seem to be very different from a narrow platform stance server like Monfis.. Although I love his serve, I cant see any possible advantage from moving his back foot forward so early specially when he has so much time due to his high toss. when I see my students executing this type of rushed pinpoint, they generally struggle with rhythm and flow in their serves, specially the ones with higher tosses. I end up advising them just to maintain a platform stance which is much simpler and easier.

Comment

Originally posted by seano View Post
        Love his ISR and how quickly he reaches it's completion. Reminds me of how quickly both Federer and Sampras reached a full 180 degrees of ISR.

Sean
        Agree, and it was the first thing I noticed. I think getting to a complete ISR 180 immediately after contact is underrated as a technical serve element.

Comment

Originally posted by hybridfh View Post

Agree, and it was the first thing I noticed. I think getting to a complete ISR 180 immediately after contact is underrated as a technical serve element.
          I agree with that. I think it is indicative of the violence at contact, the cracking of the whip so to speak. Sampras, Roddick, Nick, Goran, Karlovic, so much cracking the whip at contact.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 6331 users online. 8 members and 6323 guests.

Most users ever online was 139,261 at 09:55 PM on 08-18-2024.

Working...
          X